The United States uses more water than any other country, with the average family using up to 400 gallons a day. Where does that leave the water for maintaining the lawn and gardens? We all know that water is vital to life, and that means that grass without water dies. The good news is that just because you live in an area that requires you to conserve on water doesn’t mean that you have to do without that lovely green grass. And the best part? You can also save on money!
- By installing synthetic grass, you are saving on literally thousands of gallons of water a year (the average 800 sq ft lawn uses 44,000 gallons of water per year). By conserving water, you are allowing the natural water resources to replenish, enabling them to be used to enjoy summertime activities, such as swimming and water parks. But you are also saving in the money spent on watering your lawn since many areas charge per a unit rate of water.
- You don’t waste your time watering your yard. You’ve heard it before; time is money. If you don’t hook up automatic sprinklers, there’s a good chance you are going to be standing outside watering your yard. If you have artificial turf installed, it requires little to no maintenance, freeing up your time for other things and saving you money.
- It takes a certain amount of water to produce anything, and that is more than just green grass. Water is also needed in manufacturing, farming, and culture. To explain better, just take a look at what requires 660,000 gallons of water to produce:
- Sixteen cars, including the tires.
- Four thousand loaves of bread.
- Six thousand watermelons.
- Five thousand eggs.
- Ten tons of steel.
“When there is a water shortage, the cost of everything goes up. By conserving water, you are ultimately saving yourself money in the long run.”
There are many reasons to consider installing artificial turf, although water conservation and saving money are big ones. In fact, the cost of the turf is very soon paid back in the money that you will find you are very quickly saving. The good news is that it’s also easy to find a reputable and reliable turf manufacturer, such as ForeverLawn® or Artificial Grass Superstore, both of which provide high quality, gentle, and durable turf.
Your environment, and your wallet will thank you for it.
READY TO RETIRE YOUR MOWER?
GET A QUOTE FOR TURF INSTALLATION TODAY!
Why All Turf Installers Should Be Using Social Media Marketing. To Mackenzie, her love for working for USGreentech stems from “the opportunity they provide for their employees to grow and develop personally and professionally.” As Marketing Manager, she loves getting...
Stay the Course—Advice for Marketing During Uncertain Times. To Mackenzie, her love for working for USGreentech stems from “the opportunity they provide for their employees to grow and develop personally and professionally.” As Marketing Manager, she loves getting to...
Why is it so important to Infill artificial turf?Jade Child has been selling and installing artificial turf in Tasmania since 2010. Jade became interested in the varying turf products after finding difficulty sourcing quality turf in 2009. After spending a year...